As we spend quality time at home, we wanted to share three easy and delicious side rich recipes that will spice up your meals! Fresh, quick and using ingredients that you’ll definitely have on hand.
Honey Roasted Red Potatoes
- 1 pound red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly coat an 11×7 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a single layer in prepared dish, and top with onion. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, honey, mustard, salt and pepper; drizzle over potatoes and onion.
- Bake in the preheated 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oven for 35 minutes or until tender, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
(Recipe owner STEPHNDON)
Zucchini and Potato Bake
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered and cut into large pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- paprika to taste
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium baking pan, toss together the zucchini, potatoes, red bell pepper, garlic, bread crumbs, and olive oil. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and lightly brown.
(Recipe owner JANA)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers (such as RO*TEL(R))
- 1 envelope gluten-free taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir quinoa and onion in the hot oil until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno pepper to quinoa mixture and cook until garlic is fragrant and slightly softened, 1 or 2 more minutes.
- Mix undrained can of diced tomatoes with green chiles, taco seasoning mix, and chicken broth into quinoa mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
(Recipe owner OCCASIONAL COOKER)
We hope these recipes bring some joy to your kitchen and you indulge on rich new flavors. Looking for a San Antonio Realtor you can trust? Contact Cornice & Cobble Realty Group Today!