With Mother’s Day right around the corner, we’re happy to share one of our favorite recipes! Very easy to make with ingredients you will for sure have available, it can make for a great activity for you to enjoy with you mommas.
Cream Cheese Brownies
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter cut into Tablespoon-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a 7×11 pan with baking spray.
- Combine butter and chocolate chips in a large, microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well and microwave again for another 15 seconds and then stir well again. Repeat in 15 second intervals until chocolate and butter are completely melted and well-combined.
- Add cocoa powder and stir well.
- Add sugars, stir until completely combined.
- Add eggs and then egg yolk, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and salt and stir to combine.
- Add flour and stir until completely combined.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the batter and spread the rest of the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Prepare your cheesecake topping.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar in a medium-sized bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat until creamy.
- Stir in egg and vanilla extract. Stir until well-combined.
- Pour cheesecake over prepared brownie batter. Take your reserved 1/4 cup brownie batter (if it has become stiff just stir it with a spoon) and drop/drizzle over cheesecake.
- Use a knife to swirl brownie batter and cheesecake together.
- Bake on 350F for 25-30 minutes or until the center is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean with a few fudgy crumbs.
- Allow to cool COMPLETELY before cutting and serving.
Recipe via SpendWithPennies
Voil, there you have them! This delicious dessert will have your mom cheesin’!
Looking for a home to make memories in? Contact Cornice & Cobble Realty Group Today!